When you speak of art, you usually think of paintings and sculptures that are usually seen inside museums and galleries. But the truth of the matter is art transcends more than these conventional mediums and today some bold minds are brave enough to express themselves in a modern way. Here are the top 8 great American artist of the modern age:
1. Andrew Bell – This artist is born in Brooklyn, New York and he boasts his modern artistic method of making cartoon characters that are not hard to like. Most of his artworks include the taking of everyday common items and adding them with his special twist like the banana creature entitled “You weren’t always like this”. Nowadays, he owns an art shop called the Dead Zebra Inc. where he sells his artworks, clothes, books, toys, and other novelty items.
2. Alex Pardee – He is a freelance artist born out of Antioch, California. He has a wonderfully unique style that is eerie to look at but the more it gets beautiful the longer you stare at it. Alex is also known to write books and design clothes. His love for drawings is his therapy for battling anxiety and depression.
3. Brian Dettmer – Born in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia, Brian is a well known creative book artist of this time. He went to college in the state of Chicago and during these times, he concentrated more on doing paintings. He then moved to other mediums in creating sculpture-like readable versions of books. He bends, cut, fold, and even stack the books to make it appear uniquely different and raise your reading experience in a whole new level. Aside from making awe-inspiring book creations, he also creates interactive collages which inspire you to look even more.
4. Cliff Maynard – He is one of the few modern artists who started his career making tattoos in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He studied mosaic art in his school days and now he recycles roach paper and turned it into a beautiful mosaic masterpiece. Aside from that, he also created artworks from rolling papers and paints it with portraits of famous celebrities.
5. Craig Tracy – He is now a renowned body painter who is based in New Orleans, Louisiana. He paints the body of volunteered persons and turns this biological beauty into an exquisite canvass that is full of artistic images. His art is masterfully created that it will make you think that you’re not looking at a body of a live person.
6. Cycle – He is a graffiti and street artist who concentrates on making most of his artworks in New York. He is one of the few graffiti artists who was able to earn a Master’s Degree. His other hobbies aside from doing graffiti are skateboarding, fine arts, and graphic arts.
7. Dave Kinsey – Dave is also a graffiti artist from the state of California. He is known to make indoor murals out of his favorite colors and his style is definitely unmatched.
8. UrbanMedium – Also known as Derek Fridman, he is a propaganda street artist who creates graffiti arts with hidden messages to wake up the minds of the ordinary people.